Thursday, June 18, 2015

Hand Painted Photo Album: Starfish on Ocean Blue

I've been working on a different style of book lately to use as a photo album. I wanted something with a flexible spine but case bound and enclosed, unlike my other open spine books.

Beach Wedding Photo Album on Etsy
I've been experimenting with colors on my art journal pages. Some of them look cool enough to be book covers so I thought I'd give it a try and use one of my designs on this album.

The stitching looks a lot like longstitch but is really more like a pamphlet stitch because I don't have the running threads at the top and bottom of the spine.

 The starfish cut outs are textured and feel almost like real starfish!
The covers are textured to give an aged look. This would be a great album to store beach vacation photos in or could be a beach wedding photo album or guest book.

  I ran some of the pages through my computer and printed various designs on them.
 Other pages I hand stamped and made little tags, photo cards,
and envelopes to store treasures or photos in.

This book is a lot more time consuming than my other books but I'm very happy with the outcome!

I can make a book like this in just about any color at your request.
You can purchase this book here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!