Thursday, December 22, 2016

Creative Art Journaling: Starry Night

handmade fabric art journal
 It's been over a year since I made this fabric art journal using upholstery scraps. I have been working on filling it with things that inspire me and experimenting with new techniques. 

side view of handmade fabric art journal
The pages are so full now I can barely get it closed. 
Here is a glimpse of the artwork I've been doing inside it...

Starry Night page from handmade art journal
One of my favorite paintings is Van Gogh's Starry Night. 
I was inspired to try my own interpretation of the artwork
using acrylic paint on gessoed cardstock. 

detail of Starry Night page from handmade art journal
I added glitter to the night sky and Ranger's Stickles to the moon and stars.

Starry Night page from handmade art journal
One thing I love about studying art is finding things in the painting I never noticed before. I discovered the rolling hills and the little town under the night sky once I really examined Van Gogh's work. This exercise has given me an even deeper appreciation for this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!